This Professional Certificate course equips students with the knowledge of warehouse principles & management in an organisation. The specialised course covers ten topics on Warehouse Management in an organisation.
1. The Functions and Activities of a Warehouse
2. Warehouse Technology and Equipment
3. Warehouse Process Improvement
4. Warehouse Inventory Management
5. Health & Safety in Warehouse
6. Warehouse Insourcing & Outsourcing
7. Warehouse Location & Design
8. Warehouse Activity Based Costing
9. Warehouse Risk Management
10. Warehousing in the Third Sector
Course Duration & Frequency
This part-time course can be completed within 3 months. The course is intensive and requires students to attend the class sessions once a week.
Delivery & Assessment
Our faculty comprises highly experienced practitioners with the post-graduate academic and professional qualifications. Students attend weekly classes, and engage in interactive case discussions. Upon completion of all lectures, students will sit for a written examination.
An applicant must be at least 18 years old; and must have at least 2 years of work experience. In addition, an applicant must have attained an academic qualification not lower than the GCE ‘O’ level, with a Grade C6 in 3 subjects, English, Mathematics and Science. Those without the qualification criterion, but who have at least three years of professional or supervisory experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis, subject to approval by the Academic Board.