Procurement Manager – 2 vacancies
The position reports to the Director of Procurement (APAC) who is based in India.
• Identifying and contracting with the best 3PL and 2PL service providers for ASEAN countries.
• Select suppliers that can act as long-term partners and help the company meet its growth objectives with existing and new customers for Hitech, FMCG, Auto – motive, transportation, retail and aerospace segments.
• Identify the suppliers that are most important to the success of the company and focus on quality standards, cost-reduction targets, delivery timescales, and commercial terms and conditions.
• Monitor the performance of suppliers against contractual standards and work with them to achieve continuous improvements in costs and performance.
• To assess the performance of suppliers and guide them towards better performance
• To do periodic rates benchmark to keep the prices under check.
• Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
• Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
• Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
• Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
• Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
• To Interact with all stake holders to understand business priorities, requirements and work seamlessly to provide supplier rates inputs, risk identification & mitigation plans, business continuity, operation strategies and be able to articulate these with the customers and suppliers
• Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
• Working with team members and Procurement Manager to complete duties as needed
• Must have at least 5 years of work experience in a 3rd Party Logistics environment
• Candidate must possess SIPMM higher professional qualifications, such as ADPSM, GDPM, GDLM, or GDSCM.
• At least 5 years of work experience in supplier management or sourcing of warehouse space, road transportation
• Experience in procurement of contract logistics services in Singapore and Understanding of ASEAN
• Good written, communication and presentation skill
• Ability to work in Multi-cultural/nationalities environment
• Be able to participate in Pre-sales or Post -sales support of Procurement Services to SCM industry.
• Negotiation and Analytical skills
• Good working knowledge of MS Office and one Analytical tool / Procurement Tool
• Strong in Supplier management or contract management related job experience in 3PL / 4PL industry
• Be able to work under short lead times to support any projects.
Interested applicants can email directly to email@example.com
Date posted: 12 December 2017
• Liaise with vendors on all purchasing matters
• Procurement of materials, engine spares, hardware, provisions and consumables for company’s fleet of vessels
• Prepare purchase orders for the approval of the supervisor/manager before releasing to vendors and arranging for shipment
• Checking of invoices, delivery orders, and purchase orders
• Take corrective/preventive action to ensure that the Company’s objectives are met
• Source, evaluate, negotiate and purchase in bulk items.
• Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Engineering (Marine) or equivalent. Those with SIPMM qualifications, such as DPSM will have an added advantage
• At least 2 – 3 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Preferably Executives specializing in Purchasing/Inventory/Material & Warehouse Management or equivalent.
• Well organized and good interpersonal skills
• Possess excellent negotiation skills
• Marine background and /or knowledge or Oracle an added advantage
• Responsible, hardworking and with initiative
• Resourceful and mature team player
Interested applicants can email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 01 December 2017